Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Bonanza

You know, it being mother's day tomorrow and all, I just realized for the first time that I've illustrated, like, a million images of mothers and kids.  seriously, i've forgotten how many i've made!  So for all you mothers out there, myself included, here are a few images I dug up from my past books...  Happy Mother's Day!


This one is from Vampirina Ballerina Hosts a Sleepover, but you know every mother has had an argument with her daughter about style...


This one is from "Mama Seeton's Whistle" by Jerry Spinelli (coming out next year).  This is one loved mama...


This is from "Before I Was Your Mother" by Kathryn Lasky.  Very sweet book I did a while about, about what a mother was like when she was younger...

 

This one is from "Sing Along Song".  Not really a mother's day book, but I always loved painting this particular image.  Isn't that baby cute?



"Bedtime for Mommy", by Amy Krouse Rosenthal.  I just love this book -- a little girl puts her MOTHER to bed.  Amy is comic genius...




This one is from "A Father Like That" by Charlotte Zolotow.  I realized halfway through the book that the "father" in this book the kid is missing is actually the mother he has.  Just love the writing...


"Boy of Mine" by Jabari Asim.  Does that kid remind you of anyone in particular?  He looks just like my son Adrien.  But, I painted this before Adrien was born.  

And last but not least, "All the Things I Love About You", by me.  Written for my little sons.

Happy Mother's Day!


1 comment:

Jessi McGee said...

Bedtime for Mommy is my girls' favorite! I love your illustrations, the first time I saw your pictures it reminded me of an old Cinderella Golden Book that I had when I was a little girl.