Sunday, May 18, 2014

The First Post of Many for my new book "A Piece of Cake"



Okay, tonight begins the first in the the next of many announcements for my latest self-authored picture book, A PIECE OF CAKE! Yup, you heard right, I've finally put pen to paper at last and written another story!  Not bad, the third one in what, ten years?  yes, yes, I know, I'm slow.  But this one is a good one, I hope!  It's all about a very kind little Mouse, who tries to take a cake he made to his friend Little Bird for her birthday, but on the way to her house, basically gets bamboozled left and right by every animal he meets, trading a piece of cake for one piece of junk after another.  When he finally gets to little bird with no cake and lots of useless objects, our clever Little Bird comes up with a great way to swap things back, with a little ounce of sweet revenge on the way.  That's all I'll say about it -- needless to say, it's not the story you think it'll be when you start reading it.  Anyway, there's an awesome review of it from Kirkus here:

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/taken-surprise/

And of course, there will be a big launch party!  I'll send more information tomorrow night, but for now, please mark your calendars for June 1st, at the Books Inc in Laurel Village, San Francisco.  It's going to be a party chockfull of goodies, giveaways, and even a raffle!  For those of you who want to read about it now, here's the link to the "Piece of Cake" website:

http://www.leuyenpham.com/books/apieceofcake.html

More to come tomorrow night!

No comments: